}

Friday, October 31, 2014

Pole Fitness & the Modern Woman


Written by: Karina

The “pole” is no longer just for the Strippers (no hate here) but for any woman who wants that extra bit of confidence! Pole Fitness is not just trendy but (trust me) it’s an amazing workout and definitely brings that extra spice into the bedroom.


I remember my first pole fitness class- I walked into the classroom extremely shy since I didn’t know what kind of people to expect. First thing came to mind was that I was in a class meant for strippers who were perfecting their skills. However, as I made few friends, surprisingly some were married to physicians and lawyers, and some were stay at home moms. They all had a few things in common - to get in shape, get their confidence back and bring some spice into the bedroom.

A few days after I took a spin on my first pole, I was extremely sore and it was surprising how tough yet entertaining it was. During your pole fitness session your whole body is engaged and all your muscles are working together so don’t be surprised when you can’t walk the next day- for whatever reason! ;)

The class starts off with a 10 min warm up and the instructors are usually telling you positive feedback & motivate you by telling you how great you are doing. This helps your confidence levels automatically rise and you feel amazing! The musical playlist is fun and energizing making it feel like a slumber party with your girlfriends, rather than a difficult work out!

One of my favorite moves was the FIREMAN , here is the video if you happen to have a pole at home ;)  

Also, on a side note: It really helped my flexibility. With moves like Hip Stretch, Quad Stretch, Shoulder Stretch I not only toned up but became increasingly flexible.

Take a look at this video-- Both males & females from around the world doing some of the most advanced moves- Don't try this at home folks!! 

The more you continue to attend & practice your moves, the better you will get! Don’t give up, I know at first it can be hard to imagine that you can achieve some of the more complicated moves but after few classes you’ll almost be a pro!  Here's one example of a mom changing up her look with the pole!
Let me know how it goes!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment